Not even the same SIM details being asked on your phone? Be alert that SIM Swap Fraud is not happening!
Gadget desk Often cases of fax call calls are made by people seeking their bank details from the accounts, but now the culprits have started doing the same thing through ‘SIM swap’. According to media reports, police in many places including Kolkata, Delhi and Bengaluru have registered SIM Swap Fraud cases. In fact, the first people are called in this fraud and they are cloned by demanding SIM details. After the sim clon is ready, the culprits generate all the OTP from the bank and withdraw money from the account.
What happens to SIM swap?
SIM swaps, in fact, have to register a new SIM of the same number. If
this happens then that person’s number is blocked and the SIM of the
same number comes to the criminals. Actually the SIM card keeps the
user’s data and it is used for authentication. This is why no SIM card
can be connected to any other network.
– The criminals through sim swap make a duplicate SIM card that is a clone of the SIM card of the same number and start it in its own name. Because the SIM number is the same, all the OTPs of the user’s bank account come on it, and the culprits withdraw money from the account with the help of this OTP. Sponsored Ads
How do SIM Swap in 5 Points?
1. First of all, a person calls a person as an officer of the criminal telecom company.
2. In order to improve the network, the culprit asks about the number of 20 digits written in the back of the SIM.
3. As soon as a unique SIM number of 20 digits is said, pressing 1 button is called. This is because the consent to swap SIM is taken from the user.
4. When you press the 1 button, the operator SIM you are using, you feel that you are exchanging SIM cards with your own desire and SIM swapping.
5. SIM swaps the user’s SIM as soon as the SIM swaps and the network closes. Whereas the SIM of the same number gets activated by the culprit.
How to withdraw money from bank after sim swap?
– If any criminal has called a user for SIM swap, then it is possible that he has information about the user’s bank details such as account number, debit and credit number. But in spite of all this, OTP needs to be withdrawn from the account. If SIM swaps, then OTP will also get registered mobile number and then withdraw money from criminals bank.
Simply swipe SIM swap: SIM swap in India is completely legal and use is also done too. Generally, whenever we exchange your SIM from 2G / 3G to 4G, SIM swaps only for that. In the same way Sim Sim swap is also used to get a new SIM of the same number when SIM is old. Sim swap requires a unique number of 20 digits written just behind the SIM card, and this number is generated by the new SIM card of the same number.
What to avoid?
– The best way to avoid SIM Swap Fraud is to pay attention to this kind of call and if someone asks for the details of the SIM card by becoming a company officer, then immediately complain to the police.
Simultaneously, if SIM is to be swapped, then swap SIM automatically by going to the company’s office or store. No company ever asks its customer for its information.